FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions
and of course, here are some answers by Cape Breton Properties.
Here you can find some answers to questions we have received from sellers of real estate but also from interested buyers of properties or homes several times before.
This questions and answers will be updated frequently, at least this is the plan, right now, maybe ...
NO, we are no REALTOR®. And NO, we do not act behalf of any Buyer or Seller. We do not represent anybody. So we are no agent neither.
Cape Breton Properties is a privately-owned Marketing and IT Services company, located on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. We advertise your property for you. And to do this, we offer you to use your marketing materials like photos, text, videos, aerials and so on. And if you don’t have that materials, we offer you to create it for you.
Marketing-, IT- and Translation Services and more like:
- We go to your property and do photography at different times of the day or the season and at different weather and sun conditions, from land, from the water by boat, by canoe or by chest wader, inside and outside of a building,
- photo editing, cropping the photos and bringing them to a digital standard required by magazines or websites, making the sky a bit bluer or the grass a bit greener, remove unwanted persons, cars, items, make photo compositions to highlight your place for sale
- doing aerial videos and photos, creating videos, posting them on YouTube,
- creating some text (description of your property for sale) for you or with you or or we just translate your text,
- advertising your property on different European real estate portals and / or print magazines,
- building you one ore more websites and placing them for you (hosting) on US or German Servers,
- very important: SEO - Search Engine Optimization, broad efforts on search engines like on Google to make sure your property will be seen
- translation services for the buyers and / or sellers alike and for the whole transaction process until the closing and after that, and much more to be discussed,
- Fbuilding you websites and placing them for you (hosting) on US or German Servers,
We need to know about your place before we can talk about it. The first thing for you is to complete our little questionnaire and return it to us. After that we meet at our place, sit down and talk about a marketing strategy and about some options and related costs.
NO, it will be agreed about upfront and payment is due at start or at completion of the agreed about services, like the websites are online, the photos are taken, photos are edited, translation provided, or whatever we agreed about to fit your individual needs and situation,
That totally depends on what you need, what you already have we could re-use and what you want us to do for you. A typical service fee range is between one time $ 1,000.- to $ 5,000.00 plus HST. Yes, we do have payment plans.
NO, we do not come to your place to tell you how much we thing you could get for your cottage or for your property. We would like to have an agreement in place. And before that we need to know about you and your place. It makes it easier for us if you completed the little questionnaire first.
Sure. After we have an agreement in place, we can connect you with an appraiser or we will get a market price from a certified appraiser on Cape Breton Island for you. But of course, you can save money by doing some home work yourself. Compare as many existing real estate offers in your neighborhood as you can online. Look at the prices other comparable properties have been sold for. We can talk about this if the times come. Finally, you need to tell us your asking price. We recommend to hire a professional appraiser.
Please contact your local REALTOR® and have a nice day.